My name is Ian Young, Principal of Rainford High and I am passionate about making Rainford High the best possible school for the young people who come here. This school is an improving school, we are moving towards our goal of achieving excellence. As part of that process as of the 1st September 2017 Rainford High became an Academy part of the Rainford Academies Trust, the aim of which is to build a legacy of excellent education for our children and our community.
We have a fantastic learning environment fit for the the 21st Century. Our school has a clear ethos that Everyone Matters, Everyone Helps and Everyone Succeeds. There is only one way to achieve this and that is by staff, students and parents working together so we can ensure that every child who comes here can have the best education possible. Schools are fantastic places because they are about making dreams a reality. I believe young people can achieve anything that they want but they have to underpin their dreams with a solid foundation of hard work, respect and honesty. It is Rainford High’s job to prepare it's young people for the future.
We live in a world changing and developing faster than at any other point in history. Information and new discoveries are happening faster than ever before and we live in a truly global society. As a school we have a responsibility to make students lifelong learners who can move into the future with confidence. One thing I insist on is that every student at Rainford High must have a dream and set themselves targets to achieve whatever that dream is.
Gandhi the man who led the Indian nation towards independence said “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever"
For the school this means doing things to the highest standards we can all of the time and making the most of every single day. To help the school achieve this I expect:
From the pupils, the highest standards of effort, dress, behaviour and a positive attitude towards the challenge of learning, this is underpinned by core values of hard work, respect, honesty and good manners.
From the parents, support in reinforcing those standards, making learning a valuable experience by challenging and supporting every child to achieve their very best.
From myself and my staff, you can expect that we will work to make this the very best school possible. My promise to you as Principal of Rainford High, is that your child will receive the highest quality of education and have the best possible start in life. I am committed to the highest standards for your child in every aspect of their learning, so that they make excellent progress and can achieve their dreams and ambitions in the future. At Rainford High we are continually focused on living our ethos that Everyone Matters, Everyone Helps and Everyone Succeeds.
Rainford High becomes an Academy.
As of the 1st September 2017 Rainford High Technology College has become an Academy. As part of our Rainford Academies Trust we will strive to create a legacy for our children and our community of excellence in education.
Our vision is that every child experience excellence every day in their education. We are committed to
• pursuing excellence
• encouraging all young people to aim high and make the most of their talents
• providing an education that enables every young person to achieve their full potential and learn with confidence
• providing a safe environment where young people are cared for
• creating a healthy, happy, disciplined and supportive environment which promotes an independent work ethic and a love of learning
• engendering respect for individuality and difference
• nurturing a sense of social responsibility and spiritual and personal development
• fostering integrity, resilience, creativity, good manners and sensitivity to the needs of others
What we want to achieve is:
• Children: an excellent education everyday so they can fulfil their dreams, hopes and ambitions.
• Staff: opportunity to learn, develop and fulfil their potential.
• Parents: to be assured their children are receiving education that is balanced around learning, opportunity, development and outcome.
We will achieve this by learning and working together. We must be proud of our successes but open and honest enough to tackle our weaknesses. Nothing in life is achieved without hard work and overcoming challenges. Rainford High becoming an Academy will generate opportunity and challenge for all those involved.