What is Computer Science?
Computer Science is designed to equip young people with the skills to use develop their own computer programs through the use of a multitude of programming languages. They will also study computer hardware and software and have an in-depth knowledge of how computers are built and how they work.
A fundamental understanding of computing enables students to be not just educated users of technology, but the innovators capable of designing new computers and programs to improve the quality of life for everyone.
We offer both GCSE and A Level Computer Science courses allowing students to advance easily onto higher education studies.
Students in Years 7-13 are taught within the South block of the school in one of five specialist teaching rooms. Each room is equipped with flat screen PC’s (or Macs) an interactive projector and advanced networked printer facilities. Currently there are five experienced staff who teach ICT and Computing:
- Mrs. Wall – Head of Faculty Computer Science & Digital Media email@example.com
- Mr. Williams – Curriculum Leader Computer Science firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Rothwell – Computer Science, ICT & Digital Media Teacher email@example.com
- Mrs. Burgess – ICT & Computing Teacher SENCO .firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. J Chadwick – Computer Science & Digital Media Teacher email@example.com