All our school systems exist to enable pupils to achieve the school ethos of ‘Everyone Matters. Everyone Helps. Everyone Succeeds.’
- We do our utmost to make sure that every child is well known and cared for through our student support system which is structured in Tutor Groups with a Learning Leader who keeps each young person’s progress, behaviour and welfare under review.
- Parents are kept regularly informed of progress via progress reports, and a Parents’ Evening where parents can meet subject teachers.
- There are well established systems for rewarding and acknowledging pupils who do well and for ensuring that those who do not meet our high expectations, are helped to get back on track.
- The student League of Effort, E-Praise Postcards and Merit Badge System as well as half termly reward assemblies and annual reward evening for year groups focuses the school on the positive attitude and behaviour we desire and expect.
- Underpinning this is a clear system of sanctions and support for students who fail to meet the school expectations.
- Our calm and well ordered community with its clear sense of mutual respect, enables children to feel safe and to achieve.
- Some young people may need additional support in order to make progress and a range of strategies and systems in school ensure that those with particular needs are helped to
We attach great importance to our relationship with parents. Regular formal consultation occurs via the pattern of Parents’ Evening and progress report system. However, parents are free to request information about their children at any time of the year. We always endeavour to contact parents at the first sign of concern in order to avoid issues developing as well as asking parents to communicate with the school any concerns they may have regarding their child.