We are writing to you to provide you with an update on the transition process for your child. We have now released both our student and parent transition videos and they can be found on our school website www.rainford.org.uk/transition.
Please see below some additional actions we are taking to support your child:
From week commencing 13/07/2020, there will be bridging unit work available on our school to support your child in joining us in September. They are not compulsory but we encourage all students to look at the work as it relates to topics they will be studying with us next year. The work can be accessed here: http://rainford.org.uk/transition-subject-tasks/
As explained on the transition video that was released on Friday 10th July on our school website www.rainford.org.uk/transition, we are inviting Year 6 students to join us on Friday 4th September, before the term starts. This will enable your child to meet their tutor, have a tour around the school and learn about how Rainford works in preparation for the term start date of Monday 7th September.
The key details are:
- The transition morning will take place from 9-12:30pm at school
- School transport is not running as it is before the start of term, therefore students will need to make their own way to and from school. They will be allowed on site from 9am and they will leave at 12:30pm. They need to arrive at the front of school and walk to the entrance where they will be greeted by members of the senior leadership team. They will depart in the same way they arrived. The morning will start with an assembly and they will then go to their forms.
- Students are required to wear their full school uniform
- Students are required to bring a pen, pencil, ruler, scientific calculator, red pen and glue stick, which is our required daily equipment.
- Students will need to bring their own snacks for breaktime as the canteen will not be operating. We will be ending the event at lunchime so no lunch is provided.
- If your child has any medication then parents need to come to front of school to a medical station, which will be set up for this purpose, and the medication will be signed into school.
Please be aware that due to the current Covid-19 situation we are asking parents not to come on site on this morning. We understand you will want to drop your child off on their first day but we are unable to accommodate parents on school site as this may lead to too many people in the same area. Year 7 will operate as a social bubble so they can come in together.
Please note that we will be sending out further guidance shortly about how school will be operating for all students in September in line with DFE guidance and this will be released on our school website in due course, but all will be explained to your children on Friday 4th September as well.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com
We wish your children a positive summer and we look forward to meeting them in September.
- Mr Kenyon