Sometimes it is necessary for schools to close because of adverse or severe weather, loss of utility services (such as electric, gas or water) or other emergencies. Rainford High will work hard to keep the school open wherever possible but sometimes circumstances mean that they have to make a decision to close the school or send students home early.
For latest information Parents can/will:
- Receive a text notification
- Check the School Website for a notifying message by the Principal
- Check the School Website regularly for updates
- Check BBC Weather Forecast
- Read School Winter & Adverse Weather Plan
- Check Wish 102.4FM website for School Closure information
- Listen to Wish 102.4FM for regular updates regarding school closures
- Check St.Helens Council Website for Latest School updates
- Check St.Helens Council Website for advice on Severe Weather
Please can parents ensure that the form at the back of your child’s student planner is completed and that you have indicated how you would like your son/daughter to get home in the event of school closure:
- Remain in school until collected
- Make their own way home
- Make their own way to another destination (as indicated)
School will recommence as soon as possible on the next working day after the site is determined safe and available for use.