At Rainford our school ethos is:
We expect our community to be polite and respectful
We expect our community to make sensible choices
We expect our community to work hard
Every student and staff member is equal and we want everyone to receive the support that they need to be happy and successful.
As part of our LGBTQ+ support and developments we want every member of the community to:
Be proud to be yourself
We offer support to all students in our school community around LGBTQ+, whether they identify as being in the LGBTQ+ community or otherwise.
This support is coordinated by:
|Senior Lead for LGBTQ+ Support – Mr Kenyon (Assistant Principal)
||Operational Lead for LGBTQ+ Support – Mrs McCartney
How to access support:
- If you need support with any issues, you can always log this on SHARP (See the SHARP button on the home page) and you can submit your concerns.
- If you have a query relating to LGBTQ+ then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and Mrs McCartney will read your email and provide support or direct to the person who can help you. Alternatively, you can communicate with us by email if this is what you prefer.
- Speak to your tutor or member of the pastoral team.
- Attend the support group (Details shown below).
- You can receive support from other members of our LGBTQ+ community – just email email@example.com and we will look into this for you.
Everyone Matters Champions
We are currently training students in school to become Everyone Matters Champions, so if you would like to be one then please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can speak to Miss Quinn (school council leader) or one of the members of the school council for more information.
LGBTQ+ Support Group
If you want to speak to other students from our LGBTQ+ community or would like to speak to a staff member about LGBTQ+ and how you are feeling then please come to N111 on Thursday lunchtime (1:35 – 2:10pm) where Mrs McCartney and other students will be meeting to discuss issues and support.
This group is a LGBTQ+ group – it is a great way to make new friends and be yourself!
If would like to ask any questions then speak to Mrs McCartney or email email@example.com and we will be in touch.
Please read our transgender policy to look at the support we offer.
Please see the below policies on our policies page for further information on LGBTQ+ support
- Equality Policy
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Behaviour for Learning Policy
- Uniform Policy
- RSE Policy
Support Services and Links:
Local Support Groups:
The Proud Trust
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/LGBTCentreMcr
Over the Rainbow – 01744 457243
Key Person – Emma
Support groups for parents
Manchester Parents Group
0808 801 0400
Stone Wall – Acceptance with exceptions