Educational visits are an important part of school life and student participation is widely encouraged
at Rainford High.
We believe all students should have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities,
including school trips, and this is underpinned by the school ethos: Everyone Matters, Everyone
Helps, Everyone Succeeds.
To ensure visits can be made as safe as possible, the Academy has a policy, procedure and guidance
that informs staff about what they should consider when organising a visit.
To support staff, the Academy also has an Educational Visits Coordinator (EVC). The EVC has the role
of ensuring the Academy’s duty of care for the health & safety of students while on educational trips
and visits is complied with and all activities are risk assessed.
The types of Educational Visits provided at Rainford Academy include:
- Local visits (library, town centre, college, universities)
- Places of educational interest (farm, museum, sites of historical or geographical interest)
- Other educational establishments
- Enrichment/Reward trips
- Evening visits (theatre, cinema, musical venue)
- Residential centres and educational courses
- Outdoor activity centres (Bushcraft centre)
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Abroad (enrichment and experience)
Recent trips abroad have included visits to Austria, France, Ghana, Iceland, Spain and Sweden.
For information on the upcoming trip to Rome and Naples please download the letter below:-
For the Itinerary for the Rome and Naples trip please download the .PDF below:-
For information on the upcoming year 10 trip to London please download the letter below:-