They did it!! Our fantastic Gold D of E students took on the 3 highest peaks in the UK. The weather was against them on Ben Nevis but that did not stop our resilient team from summiting the peak. The night time trip to Skafell allowed for a little rest before a huge effort was made to get to the top. By the time the team reach Snowdon the clouds had cleared and an epic view from the summit was seen.
The team are recovering this week but a detailed write up of their adventure will be coming.
In the mean time if you would like to show your support and admiration of their feat then please donate to out summer fundraiser:
In the hope of focusing our community’s efforts during the week the 27th June to the 1st July we are looking to raise additional funds for four key areas of the school that we want to support and improve for our students and community.
- The first focus of fund raising is the new Everyone Matters Centre we have just opened in partnership with Rainford Parish Council. The Centre is focused on supporting young people who, at present, are not attending school due to reasons linked to personal wellbeing. This is unfortunately a growing issue and as a school and community it is vital that we don’t allow any child to lose out on the opportunity for education and this is an additional approach to get children back to learning for their future.
- The second focus is to improve facilities for our Performing Arts students and teams to allow us to take their performance and experience to the next level with improved sound and lighting facilities. Many students have their experience of school enhanced and improved by their participation in Performing Arts.
- The third focus is to support the refurbishment of the school sports hall that is used by all the students in the school. Some of the key equipment such as the basketball hoops and cricket nets need to be updated to meet the needs of competition and practice as you know we are committed to delivering great sport for all so we would be grateful for your support.
- The fourth focus will be to kick start the Rainford pre-loved uniform shop the Big Exchange and our other new project the Friday Food Bank where every Friday we will be taking donations for local food banks and giving back to the wider community.
- The final focus is to support the schools extensive Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme which many children in Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5 access and it is from here we have taken inspiration for our fund-raising activity.
Please follow the link below to donate and support our fundraising efforts: