Congratulations to all students in Year 9 who demonstrated excellent engagement within their ‘Be Brilliant’ Careers Day on 20th May.
In line with the school’s commitment to ensuring high-quality Personal Development and Careers Education Information and Guidance, the day featured several workshops focused on the areas highlighted below; delivered by a mixture of Rainford High staff and representatives from our partners at Liverpool John Moores University, Boost Life Skills Ltd, Career Connect, Open the Door Theatre Company and the St Helens Chamber:
- Post-14 Courses and Pathways
- University Aspirations and Experience
- Apprenticeships: A Pathway To Success
- ‘Be Your Own Boss’ – Entrepreneurship & Employability Skills
- Boost Life Skills: ‘Soft Skills and Employability’
- Local and National Labour Market Information and ‘What the Future Holds’
- Career Connect Online Careers Portal
Students did themselves proud; with many asking questions that demonstrated maturity beyond their years and high aspirations for their futures. All students received certificates for their efforts within a successful day. A big thank you also to all our partners and internal staff who supported the event. Well done Year 9!